How to Post on Instagram from a PC or Mac
Instagram is one of the few remaining social media platforms that don’t support PC or Mac natively. It is incredibly easy to upload to Instagram from your mobile phone but it is a little more complicated to upload pictures and videos directly from your PC. Be that as it may be there are a few ways that you can upload directly from your PC.
what are the most convenient ways to upload pictures on Instagram
There are a couple of easy ways that you can upload directly from your PC. The easiest way would be to download Bluestacks and link to your phone. Doing so will allow you to use all mobile applications from the comfort of your PC. If you don’t want to link your phone apps to your PC then there is a workaround but it requires a little patience. For this other way we recommend using Chrome because of its clear and simple UI. This process will also work on Mac OS as well.
Steps on how to upload videos on Instagram from mac or windows
- The first thing that you need to do is to open up an incognito window. This can be done using the tab on the right or by simply pressing Ctrl+Shift+N.
- After new window is open, click on the tab with the three dots which will allow you to access the more tools section of the browser.
- From there you can access the developer tools. Clicking on that will open the developer window. (You can ignore most of the coding there, you just need to focus on the mobile icon at the upper-left of the developer window) once you click that the browser will start displaying web pages in their mobile view.
- Now all you need to do is to open the Instagram site and log in. Once you log in you will be able to view the website in mobile view.
- To upload something you will simply need to click on the + icon at the bottom of the screen. This will open the file explorer on PC and Finder on Mac.
- From the above option, all you need to do is select the picture, apply filters, title it and then share it. It might seem complicated but once you get used to it becomes incredibly easy.
There are multiple workarounds for this, especially if you are on a Mac. You can simply download applications like Flume which will give you much more options but applications like Flume come with a lot of complicated stuff so try it out but if you don’t like it you can always turn to the simple method of displaying mobile sites directly on your PC.
how to upload content using Canva and gamble on Instagram
You could also involve the use of apps like Canva and Gramblr. The process for this is pretty easy. You will need to use both of those websites to successfully post on Instagram. Just follow the steps to process it successfully;
- You will first need to sign up on the Canva site. Signing up is free but the website may ask you to pay for a membership to unlock advanced features. You don’t need the features to make a post on Instagram so you can go ahead and ignore that prompt.
- After signing up, you should navigate to the “Instagram Post” template through which you can upload a picture and format it to your liking. You can increase contrast, add filters and crop the image however you want it. The website actually has an in-depth tutorial which allows you to understand the many features that it has.
- After you’re done editing, you can go ahead and download the finished image and move on to Gramblr which will help you to upload your post on Instagram.
- To use Gramblr you will need to first download it from the Gramblr website. You can do that either from a PC or Mac. After you download the executable file, you will need to install the application itself.
- After that is done, you can sign up and start using the application.
- Since Gramblr is an application that is focused around Instagram, all you need to do is select the picture that you already edited in Canva.
- After that you can click on continue and proceed to the ‘write a caption and send’ tab. That will give you the option to post it directly to Instagram. You can do that or you can choose to select an upload time and even schedule regular posts.